Your medicine should be taken as advised by us. When you take Mysimba you will gradually increase your dose over a four-week period until you reach what is called the maintenance dose. This is the dose at which you will continue to take Mysimba. You increase your dose as follows:
- Week 1 – ONE tablet to be taken in the MORNING
- Week 2 – ONE tablet to be taken in the MORNING & ONE tablet to be taken in the EVENING
- Week 3 – TWO tablets to be taken in the MORNING & ONE to be taken in the EVENING
- Week 4 – TWO tablets to be taken in the MORNING & TWO tablets to be taken in the EVENING
- Maintenance Dose – Same as week 4
You should swallow your tablets whole with plenty of water, with or immediately after food. They are a prolonged-release formulation, so you must never crush, chew or cut the tablets as this will affect the rate at which the active ingredients are released into your body.
The maximum recommended dosage of Mysimba is two tablets twice a day. If you do not lose at least 5% of your body weight after 16 weeks of treatment, your doctor will evaluate if you should continue taking Mysimba.
Always take this medication exactly as your doctor tells you to. You can find full details in the patient information leaflet. Additional information and guidance on Mysimba can also be found at www.mysimba.co.uk.
Mysimba is a prolonged release tablet which is blue in colour. The tablets are round and have NB-890 embossed on one side.