Cilique is a monophasic 21-day contraceptive pill containing the active ingredients ethinylestradiol and norgestimate. Cilique helps to make it harder for the sperm to penetrate the womb and to reduce the chance of a fertilised egg implanting in the womb. It is over 99% effective at preventing pregnancy if taken correctly.
Cilique is a prescription only medicine, like any other prescription medication you must consult a doctor before using it.
PrivateDoc offers a confidential free consultation service that may result in you receiving a prescription for Cilique if it is deemed appropriate and can prescribed safely. Complete a 100% free and secure consultation to explore your treatment options.
Who can take Cilique?
PrivateDoc will prescribe a 3-month supply of Cilique contraceptive pill to women where Cilique is suitable. Women qualify for Cilique if:
- They have been taking Cilique for the last year.
- They have had no problems with Cilique in the last year.
- They have had a face-to-face pill check-up for their contraceptive pill in the last year.
How to take Cilique
Take Cilique every day for 21 days
- Start your packet of pills with the first pill marked with the correct day of the week.
- Continue taking one pill at the same time each day, working your way around the pack until it is finished.
- You should then have a 7-day break when you will have your period.
- Following the 7-day pill-free period start your new pack of pills on the 8th day.
- Note – Swallow each pill whole, with water if necessary.
- Do not take Cilique if you are pregnant.
- Do not take Cilique if you are breast feeding.
- Do not take Cilique if you are allergic to any of the active ingredients
- Some medicines can reduce the effectiveness of the contraceptive pill including some antibiotics, please read the Patient Information Leaflet enclosed with your medicines for a full list of medicines that may affect your contraceptive pill.