|6 pack Zomig||£37.99||£37.99|
Zomig 2.5 mg tablets contain zolmitriptan and belongs to a group of medicines called triptans. Zomig is used to treat migraine headache.
Like any other prescription medication you must consult a doctor before using it. PrivateDoc offers a confidential free consultation service that may result in you receiving a prescription for Zomig, if it can prescribed safely.
Complete a 100% free and secure consultation to explore your treatment options. How our online prescription consultation works.
What is Zomig?
Migraine symptoms may be caused by swollen blood vessels in the head. Zomig is thought to reduce the widening of these blood vessels. This helps to take away the headache and other symptoms of a migraine attack, such as feeling or being sick (nausea or vomiting) and being sensitive to light and sound.
Zomig works only when a migraine attack has started. It will not stop you from getting an attack.
How much does Zomig cost?
Who can use Zomig
Do not take Zomig if:
- you are allergic to zolmitriptan or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- you have high blood pressure.
- you have ever had heart problems, including a heart attack, angina (chest pain caused by exercise or effort), Prinzmetal’s angina (chest pain which happens at rest) or have experienced heart related symptoms such as shortness of breath or pressure over the chest.
- you have had a stroke or short-lasting symptoms similar to stroke (transient ischaemic attack or TIA).
- you are at the same time taking some other medicines for migraine (e.g. ergotamine or ergottype medicines like dihydroergotamine and methysergide) or other triptan medicines for migraine.
If you feel pain or tightness in your chest after you use sumatriptan. These effects may be intense but they usually pass quickly. If they don’t pass quickly, or they become severe, get medical help immediately.
For further information and contraindications please see the patient information leaflet
How to take Zomig
You can take Zomig with or without food. It does not affect the way that Zomig works.
You can take this medicine as soon as a migraine headache starts. You can also take it once an attack is underway.
- The recommended dose is one tablet (2.5 mg).
- Swallow your tablet with a drink of water.
- You can take another tablet if the migraine is still present after two hours or if it returns within 24 hours.
If the tablets did not give you enough help with your migraine, tell your doctor. Your doctor may change your treatment.
Do not use more than the dose prescribed for you.
Do not use more than two doses in one day unless prescribed to by your doctor.
The maximum daily dose is 10 mg.
For further information and dosage please see the patient information leaflet
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Some of the symptoms below could be part of the migraine attack itself.
Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people):-
These side effects are usually mild and go away after a short time.
- Abnormal sensations such as tingling in your fingers and toes or skin that is sensitive to touch.
- Feeling sleepy, dizzy or warm.
- Uneven heart beat.
- Feeling sick (nausea) or being sick (vomiting).
- Stomach pain.
- Dry mouth.
- Muscle weakness or muscle pain.
- Feeling weak.
- Heaviness, tightness, pain or pressure in the throat, neck, arms and legs, or chest.
- Problems swallowing.
If any allergic reactions appear, stop taking Sumatriptan tablet. Contact your doctor immediately.
For further information and a full list of possible side effects please see the patient information leaflet
Meet our team
PrivateDoc is happy to introduce you to some of our leading UK licensed clinicians.