(Finasteride & Biotin)
Combination plan that halts hair loss, increases growth and improves hair quality.
Like any other prescription medication you must consult a doctor before using it. PrivateDoc offers a confidential free consultation service that may result in you receiving a prescription for Sons Simplicity if it is deemed appropriate and Sons Simplicity can prescribed safely.
Complete a 100% free and secure consultation to explore your treatment options. How our online prescription consultation works.
What conditions can Sons Simplicity be used for
Sons Simplicity contains Finasteride, Biotin and DHT Blocking Shampoo, used in the treatment of men with mild to moderate hair loss that have begun to notice their hair receding around the temples and crown area.Get Started
How much does Sons Simplicity cost?
Packs and prices
1 month supply £39.99Finasteride, Biotin & DHT Shampoo
2 months supply £69.99Finasteride, Biotin & DHT Shampoo
How to use Sons Simplicity
Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- The usual dose is one tablet each day.
- The tablets can be taken with or without food.
- Finasteride will not work faster or better if you take it more than once a day
Your doctor will help you to determine if Finasteride is working for you. It is important to take Finasteride for as long as your doctor prescribes it. Finasteride can only work over the long term if you continue taking it.
Full instructions can be found in the Sons Full Works product literature.
Take a Biotin capsule once a day as part of your daily routine. We recommend attaching this to a normal day to day activity (such as brushing your teeth) to avoid missing any doses.
DHT shampoo should be used as part of your normal daily showering routine. Gently massage a good amount of the shampoo into your scalp for 30-60 seconds then leave in your hair for 60-90 seconds before rinsing. We recommend using warm rather than hot water to shower to help prevent your hair and scalp from becoming dry and damaged.
- The active substance is finasteride.Each film-coated tablet contains 1mg finasteride
- Tablet core: lactose monohydrate, maize starch, pregelatinised, docusate sodium, iron oxide yellow (E172), sodium starch glycolate (type A), cellulose microcrystalline, silica colloidal anhydrous, magnesium stearate, water purified.
- Tablet coat: hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, talc, titanium dioxide (E171), iron oxide red (E172), iron oxide yellow (E172).
A full list of non-active ingredients (excipients) can be found in the patient information leaflet.
- 30 x Biotin capsules (900 ug / 1800% of daily requirement)
- Saw Palmetto
- Argan Oil
- Vitamin B3/Niacin
- Cedarwood Oil
- Amla Oil
- Sage Oil
- Rosemary Leaf Oil
Who cannot use Sons Simplicity
Women must not use Finasteride due to the risk in pregnancy
Finasteride should not be taken by children and teenagers under the age of 18 years.
A full list of contraindications and cautions is available in the full summary of Full Works characteristics.How much does Sons Simplicity cost?
Sons Simplicity is generally well tolerated, but as is the case with all medication, a minority of patients may experience side effects from using the drug.
Side effects can include –
Stop taking Finasteride and talk to your doctor if you experience:
- symptoms of an allergic reaction: swelling of your lips, face, tongue and throat; difficulty swallowing; lumps under your skin (hives) and breathing difficulties. Stop taking Finasteride and talk to your doctor immediately
- depression (feeling of severe sadness and unworthiness)
- you should promptly report to your doctor any changes in your breast tissue such as lumps, pain, enlargement or nipple discharge as these may be signs of a serious condition, such as breast cancer.
Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people):
- less desire to have sex
- difficulty having an erection
- problems with ejaculation such as a decrease in the amount of semen released.
Frequency not known (frequency cannot be estimated from the available data):
- breast swelling or tenderness
- pain in the testicles
- fast or irregular heart beat (palpitations)
- persistent difficulty having an erection after discontinuation of treatment
- persistent decrease in sex drive after discontinuation of treatment
- persistent problems with ejaculation after discontinuation of treatment
- infertility has been reported in men who took finasteride for long time and had other risk factors that may affect fertility. Normalisation or improvement of seminal quality has been reported after discontinuation of finasteride. Long-term clinical studies about the effect of finasteride on fertility in men have not been conducted.
- increase in the level of liver enzymes (as seen in blood tests)
A more complete list of side effects can be found in the patient information leaflet.Get Started How much does Sons Simplicity cost?