Like all medicines, Regaine Extra Strength can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
If you experience any of the following, stop using Regaine Extra and seek immediate medical help:
• Chest pain
• Swelling of the face, lips, mouth, tongue or throat which may cause difficulty in swallowing or breathing If you experience any of the following, stop using Regaine Extra and seek medical help:
• Allergic reactions including swollen face, skin redness or itching or throat tightness
• Low blood pressure
• Fast heartbeat or an increased awareness of your heartbeat (palpitations)
• Faintness or dizziness
• Swollen hands or feet, shortness of breath
• Sudden unexplained weight gain
• Persistent local redness or rash
Other effects which may occur include:
Very Common side effects
These may affect more than 1 in 10 men using Regaine Extra:
Common side effects
These may affect up to 1 in 10 men using Regaine Extra:
• Itching or dermatitis
• Unwanted non scalp hair has been reported. Always wash your hands thoroughly after application and if you accidently apply the solution to parts of your body other than the scalp, rinse thoroughly with plenty of water
Uncommon side effects
These may affect up to 1 in 100 men using Regaine Extra:
Rare side effects
These may affect up to 1 in 1000 men using Regaine Extra:
• Change in hair texture may occur. If this happens, you should stop using Regaine Extra
Other side effects which may occur, but it is not known how often:
• Eye irritation
• Scalp irritation such as local redness, dryness, flaky skin, have all been reported. This may be due to propylene glycol in the product. This is usually only a temporary effect, but if it is persistent you should stop using Regaine Extra.
• Acne-like rash, itchy rash, blistering, bleeding or ulceration
• Temporary hair loss may occur during the first 2-6 weeks of use. This is likely to be as a result of a change within the growth cycle and it should stop within a couple of weeks. If this hair loss continues for longer than two weeks, stop using Regaine Extra and talk to our doctors
• Change in hair colour may occur. If this happens, you should stop using Regaine Extra.
If you get any side effects, contact our doctors. This includes any possible side effects not listed here.