Loestrin 30 is a monophasic 21-day contraceptive pill containing the active ingredients ethinylestradiol and norethisterone. It helps to make it harder for the sperm to penetrate the womb and to reduce the chance of a fertilised egg implanting in the womb. It is over 99% effective at preventing pregnancy if taken correctly.
Loestrin 30 is a prescription only medicine, like any other prescription medication you must consult a doctor before using it.
PrivateDoc offers a confidential free consultation service that may result in you receiving a prescription for Loestrin 30 if it is deemed appropriate and can prescribed safely. Complete a 100% free and secure consultation to explore your treatment options.
Who can take Loestrin 30
PrivateDoc will prescribe a 3-month supply of Loestrin 30 contraceptive pill to women where Loestrin 30 is suitable. Women qualify for Loestrin 30 if:
- They have been taking Loestrin 30 for the last year.
- They have had no problems with Loestrin 30 in the last year.
- They have had a face-to-face pill check-up for their contraceptive pill in the last year.
How to take Loestrin 30
Take Loestrin 30 every day for 21 days
- Loestrin 30 comes in strips of 21 pills, each marked with a day of the week.
- Take your pill at the same time every day.
- Start by taking a pill marked with the correct day of the week.
- Follow the direction of the arrows on the strip. Take one pill each day, until you have finished all 21 pills
- Then have a 7-day break when you will have your period.
- Following the 7-day pill-free period start your new pack of pills on the 8th day.
- Note – Swallow each pill whole, with water if necessary.
- Do not take Loestrin 30 if you are pregnant.
- Do not take Loestrin 30 if you are breast feeding.
- Some medicines can reduce the effectiveness of the contraceptive pill including some antibiotics, please read the Patient Information Leaflet enclosed with your medicines for a full list of medicines that may affect your contraceptive pill.
Meet our team
PrivateDoc is happy to introduce you to some of our leading UK licensed clinicians.