Acne meds prescribed online, delivered discretely to your door
We will recommend a personalised treatment plan for you
Differin Gel and Differin Cream both contain 0.1% adapalene, a form of vitamin A used on the treatment of acne. Differin has an anti-inflammatory effect and is used to reduce soreness and irritation of the skin caused by mild to moderate acne. It is used on the face, chest or back for acne, where the skin has lots of blackheads, spots and pimples.
Apply Differin at night before going to bed, rub in gently with clean fingertips. How your acne responds to Differin depends on how long you require treatment for. Your treatment should be reviewed after 3 months.
Differin is an acne treatment, it does not replace the need for washing. You should wash morning and night with a mild soap to remove all traces of dirt and makeup. Try your hardest not to pick or squeeze your spots as this can make them more inflamed and lead to infection and even scarring.
How does Differin work?
Differin Gel and Differin Cream both contain 0.1% adapalene, a form of vitamin A used on the treatment of acne. Differin has an anti-inflammatory effect and is used to reduce soreness and irritation of the skin caused by mild to moderate acne. It is used on the face, chest or back for acne, where the skin has lots of blackheads, spots and pimples. Differin is only absorbed into the body in very small amounts and has little effect, except on the surface of the skin.
How long does it take Differin to work?
How long you use Differin will depend on how quickly your acne improves. Your progress should be reviewed after 3 months of treatment.Get Started
How do I use Differin?
Always use this medicine exactly as our doctors have told you.
- Cleanse the affected area of skin well, rinse with warm water and gently pat dry.
- Apply Differin at night before going to bed, with clean fingertips and rub in gently.
- Wash your hands after using the gel.
What happens if I apply too much, or I miss a dose?
Applying too much Differin or applying it more frequently will not help your acne clear up more quickly and may cause skin irritation and discomfort
If you forget to apply Differin don’t apply a double dose to make up for it, just apply the next dose at the usual time.Get Started
Is it safe to buy Differin online?
While many online retailers claim to supply genuine medicines, they may be unregulated, provided without a genuine Doctor consultation and potentially very dangerous. You can rest assured, PrivateDoc is a fully registered digital health service. We have UK registered Doctors that review and assess every consultation. All the medicines we supply are 100% genuine and fully regulated by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA).
Special considerations when taking Differin?
If you accidentally swallow any Differin, seek immediate medical advice.
Differin should not be used:
- if you are under 12 years
- if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy. If you fall pregnant while using Differin you should stop treatment and inform your GP as soon as possible
- if you are allergic to adapalene or any other ingredients in Differin
- on irritated skin, cuts, grazes, sunburn, broken skin or skin with eczema
- If you experience sensitivity or irritation when applying Differin, our doctors may advise you to use less often or stop using until the symptoms subside
- Do not use on broken skin, eczema, cuts or scrapes
- Keep away from your eyes, lips, mouth or inside your nose, but if you should get Differin into these areas, wash immediately with plenty of water
- Avoid exposure to strong sunlight and UV light. Wear sunscreen or protective clothing over treated areas
Other medicines and skin treatments
- Acne products containing benzoyl peroxide, erythromycin or clindamycin can be used alongside Differin, but they should be applied in the morning and the Differin applied at night
- Cosmetics can be worn but avoid any that may cause blackheads or dry the skin
- Differin can be used while breastfeeding, but to avoid exposure to the infant you should not apply to your chest
What are the side effects associated with Differin?
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people)
- Dry skin
- Irritation of skin
- Burning sensation of the skin
- Redness of the skin
Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people)
- Local skin reactions (contact dermatitis)
- Skin discomfort
- Itching of skin
- Peeling of skin
- Flare up of acne
Frequency not known
- Allergic contact reaction
- Pain or swelling of skin
- Irritation redness, itching or swelling of eyelids
For complete details about all side effects always read the Patient Information Leaflet.