Dalacin T Topical Solution
Dalacin T is a prescription-only acne treatment. Dalacin T Topical Solution and Lotion both contain the active ingredient Clindamycin Phosphate, which is an antibiotic medicine.
Dalacin T topical solution or lotion should be applied thinly to the affected areas of skin (not just the individual spots) twice a day. The solution bottle has an automatic pad dispenser. Gently dab the pad onto your skin. The lotion bottle has a dispensing cap. Gently rub the lotion into the skin. Always replace the cap after use.
Dalacin T is a skin treatment, it does not replace the need for washing. You should wash morning and night with a mild soap to remove all traces of dirt and makeup. Try your hardest not to pick or squeeze spots as this can make them more inflamed and lead to infection and even scarring.
How does Dalacin T work?
Common bacteria, found on the skin, feed on the sebum produced by the sebaceous glands found in skin cells. The waste products of this feeding process can cause irritation to the skin causing inflammation and the appearance of spots.
The antibiotic present in Dalacin T (clindamycin) attacks this group of bacteria, reducing the likelihood of inflammation and the development of spots. It does this by inhibiting the production of proteins which are essential for bacterial cell replication. This eventually reduces the number of bacteria and therefore the likelihood of spots developing.
How much does Dalacin T cost?
How long does it take Dalacin T to work?
As with all medication for acne, Dalacin T can take a different amount of time to work for each patient. Most patients should start to see a noticeable improvement in their skin after a few weeks of treatment.
Dalacin T can also have a drying effect on the skin and is therefore additionally beneficial for skin which is also oily in appearance.
How do I use Dalacin T?
Wash the skin with a mild cleanser and pat it dry before applying the medicine.
Dalacin T topical solution or lotion should be applied thinly to the affected areas of skin (not just the individual spots) twice a day.
The solution bottle has an automatic pad dispenser. Gently dab the pad onto your skin. The lotion bottle has a dispensing cap. Gently rub the lotion into the skin. Always replace the cap after use.
Wash your hands after applying the medicine.
Important information about Dalacin T:-
- Dalacin T is for external use on the skin only and must not be taken by mouth.
- Avoid getting the medicine in contact with the eyes, mouth, lips and mucous membranes such as the lining of the nose. Rinse the medicine off with warm water if you accidentally get it on these areas.
- Avoid applying the medicine to broken, irritated or sunburnt skin.
- Dalacin T topical solution contains alcohol, which may cause skin irritation and is flammable. Do not apply it near naked flames or while smoking.
- When clindamycin is taken by mouth it can sometimes cause inflammation of the bowel (colitis). Although this is very unlikely to occur when you use the antibiotic on the skin, if you get diarrhoea either during or after using this medicine, particularly if it becomes severe or persistent, or contains blood or mucus, you should stop using this medicine and consult your doctor immediately.
What happens if I apply too much, or I miss a dose?
Topically applied clindamycin can be absorbed in sufficient quantities to produce a systemic effect. Any overdosage should be reported to your GP and supportive measures/advice sought.
If you miss your dose of Dalacin then this should be applied as soon as possible. If your application is close to the time of your next dose, then you should continue as normal from your next dosage and leave the previous dose as 'missed'.
Is it safe to buy Dalacin T online?
Dalacin T is a prescription only medicine. This means that the medication can only be issued following the presentation of a valid NHS or Private prescription.
At PrivateDoc we have a team of GMC and GPhC registered doctors and pharmacists, all with many years of experience in prescribing for skincare issues. Once a consultation is completed, this is reviewed by one of our prescribers.
If deemed appropriate, a prescription is issued and sent securely to our GPhC registered pharmacy, where the treatment will be dispensed and shipped securely.
Who can use Dalacin T?
Do not use Dalacin T if:-
- if you are hypersensitive (allergic) to clindamycin, lincomycin or to any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- if you have a history of inflammatory bowel disease or antibiotic-associated colitis.
For further information and contraindications please see Patient information leaflet
What are the side effects associated with Dalacin T?
Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine. Just because a side effect is stated here does not mean that all people using this medicine will experience that or any side effect.Very common (affect more than 1 in 10 people)
- Dryness and irritation of the skin at the application site.
- Nettle-type rash (hives).
- Skin oiliness.
Tell your doctor immediately if you develop severe, persistent or bloody diarrhoea (which may be associated with stomach pain or fever). This is an uncommon side effect which may occur after treatment with antibiotics and can be a sign of serious bowel inflammation
For further information and a full list of possible side effects please see patient information leaflet