Noriday is a 28 day progestogen only contraceptive pill containing the active ingredient norethisterone. It helps to make it harder for the sperm to penetrate the womb and to reduce the chance of a fertilised egg implanting in the womb. It is over 99% effective at preventing pregnancy if taken correctly.
Noriday is a prescription only medicine, like any other prescription medication you must consult a doctor before using it.
Private Doc offers a confidential free consultation service that may result in you receiving a prescription for Noriday if it is deemed appropriate and can prescribed safely.
Complete a 100% free and secure consultation to explore your treatment options.
Who can take Noriday
Private Doc will prescribe a 3-month supply of Noriday contraceptive pill to women where Noriday is suitable. Women qualify for Noriday if:
- They have been taking Noriday for the last year.
- They have had no problems with Noriday in the last year.
- They have had a face-to-face pill check-up for their contraceptive pill in the last year.
How to take Noriday
Take Noriday every day for 28 days
- Noriday comes in strips of 28 pills.
- Take your pill at the same time every day, within a 3 hour time window.
- Follow the direction of the arrows on the strip. Take one pill each day, until you have finished all 28 pills.
- Start your new pack of pills the day after taking the last pill of the previous pack
- Swallow each pill whole, with water if necessary.
- Do not take Noriday if you are pregnant.
- Do not take Noriday if you are breast feeding.
- The contraceptive pill may affect your period; it can stop, become lighter or irregular.
- Some medicines can reduce the effectiveness of the contraceptive pill including some antibiotics, please read the Patient Information Leaflet enclosed with your medicines for a full list of medicines that may affect your contraceptive pill.